Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gushing and rushing

Whoa dudes, I totally owe you an update! 

The last couple of weeks have been a blur, what with filming, job hunting and Beaten Hearts business.  I also scored a short contract job writing letters and editing web content for a local interior designer.  Never rains but pours!  Oh, and I've signed with a commercial agent - yay! 

And Gina is moving out in May so I'm seeking a new roommate too, which is great cos I didn't already have enough to do.  Actually, Gina has been helping with that; she doesn't want to leave me in the lurch and the apartment will remain leased in her name - I'll be subletting - so she has an interest in seeing the room successfully occupied.  She's been a delightful roomie, apart from her attachment to Fox News.  For a well-travelled, liberal, crystal-loving Californian, she is pretty conservative in her politics.  Fox News (I use the term 'news' lightly) drives me BONKERS; the presenters yell and talk over each other like a bunch of bullies, they hammer away at the viewer with their opinions - big government is bad, Obama is fiscally irresponsible and inexperienced and is responsible for the recession (excuse me?? how short term are your memories??), the new Health Plan is a disaster - and they edit video footage in such a way as to support their viewpoints, often completely misrepresenting the truth.  It's obnoxious and I simply have to stay out of the room when it's on.

But onto happier topics.  As anyone who has been seeing my status updates on Facebook might be aware, Beaten Hearts is a constant delight; my director, choreographer and fellow actors are enthusiastic awesomeness personified; I'm really excited about the show - gushing much? - and can't wait to show it to everyone.  So, dear LA-based readers, get a wriggle on and reserve your tickets now!  Go on, don't drag your heels like a recalcitrant teenager, pull your finger out and use it to call our booking line (818) 902-9818.  It's a teeny tiny theatre, reservations are already rolling in and you'll kick yourself if you miss out.

Must dash, apologies for the brief - albeit action-packed - blog today but Beaten Hearts is all-consuming.  So I could keep raving about the show and give you a list of things on my To Do list, but why bore you with the drudgery of producing?  Anyway, most of you are in Australia so you're no help whatsoever. Still love youse though.

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs Do it all, good luck with the sub sub letting and of course the show. My reputation's on the line you know. But, no pressure. Life here continues as per. Miss you, wish that you could be here to keep me company on Sundays..
    We're having a girls weekend away soon, and it would have been ace if you'd been there too..
    xx
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, Tiffy told me about the girls weekend, sounds wonderful. I wish I could be in two places at once! The cast and crew love your plays, I have no doubt that audiences will too Beebs :)

    ReplyDelete