Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Busy, bizzy, buzzy

Very bizzy weekend. Actually, it's been a very busy two weeks what with improv at UCB almost every day. What a great group of people, we had such fun! Our graduation performance took place on Saturday afternoon, and went pretty well. I'm a harsh personal critic of course, and I look back on it and think about where and how I could have been funnier/made better offers etc, but we made people laugh and enjoyed ourselves so what more can you ask for? For the performance, we called ourselves "Full Grown and the Chastity Tools"; absolutely an in-joke. I can't quite remember where the "full grown" came from, but Chastity Tool is the name of a girl that Jen (one of the girls in the group) went to school with. They were arch-enemies by the sound of it. Jen is the daughter of a judge and Chastity is the daughter of a pastor; they were highly competitive with each other, from schoolwork and grades through to boyfriends. It's now many years hence but Jen still can't stand the thought of her. Chastity Tool.
Saturday night was Mike's birthday so Nic gathered a group of friends together for dinner at a local Greek restaurant. It's a merry place, with lots of mirrors and live music. The cocktails were awful (my fault for ordering an Orange Cosmopolitan - tasted like cough syrup) but the food was excellent! Phwoar... flaming saganaki!
Sunday was spent shooting Lost Girls. The scene takes place in a garden, and we were able to shoot at a private home, belonging to the in-laws of one of the other actresses, Jenna. It was a lovely setting and afforded us luxuries (such as bathroom and changing area) that a public park would not have. The sun is setting just before 5pm these days, so we had to get it all in the can before then. I was grateful to finish then, and looking forward to crawling into my nice warm bed. I love this photo, it reminds me of Weir's Picnic at Hanging Rock; somehow mysterious and dreamlike but with a strange intensity.
Monday was a lovely relaxing day. I slept in, ate a leisurely breakfast and went to yoga in the afternoon. So good to get back to yoga! I didn't manage it last week at all, between improv classes, auditions and rehearsals for Lost Girls.

Great to get news from abroad; Marit and Elias are making progress with house renovations (I'm planning a visit next year), Bridgette has a webcam and Mum has headphones (all the better to Skype with, my dears). No Regrets was well received at Short & Sweet, and BB's Vienna Syndrome is taking the stage this week. I wish I could be in more than one place at a time! Now come on, Tiffers, when are you getting married?







No comments:

Post a Comment